Mastiffs are hailed as strong and powerful dogs with massive builds. They are stated to be the “oldest breeds known to humans” and have trotted all over the globe along with them. Although adult Mastiffs look quite ferocious and evoke fear because of their height and weight, these canines make great companions. There are many breeds and almost all of them are characterized by dropping ears, pendulous lips and broad and wrinkled foreheads. These amazingly loyal creatures very soon become a part of the family and can be counted upon to exercise their ‘protective duties’ in a responsible manner. Is it not incumbent then that they are cared for and treated well, and more importantly be provided with the best dog beds for Mastiffs?
Just as you long for a comfortable bed to soothe and relax your tired limbs, so do these gentle giants need a lifestyle that suits them best. Since dogs generally spend a lot of time snoozing, it’s important that their beds support their bodies adequately, enabling them to turn or roll over comfortably as and when they choose to do so. So, if you don’t want your Mastiff to share your bed or couch and push you off it, give him a bed of his own that he will come to love. If you are looking for the best overall dog beds click here.
7 Best Dog Beds for Mastiffs Reviewed
Price on Amazon
Another feature (that some mastiffs might like) is the elevated contoured foam top that acts like a pillow for them.
Users have generally noted this dog bed to be supportive of their dog’s aging hips and the soft cover adding to its coziness. The mastiffs also loved the headrest. An updated review says that the dog bed neither lost its shape nor firmness over a few years. One user, however, mentioned that the bed was probably too hot for his dog due to the foam and the insulated cover.
- Comes with a 10-year warranty and a Big Barker Guarantee of non-flattening over time
- Easy to clean and machine-washable
- Microfiber cover is soft to the touch and gentle on the body
- Handcrafted- high-quality therapeutic foam is used
- Ideal for dogs suffering from body discomfort and pains
- Lightweight and portable
Customers that have used this bed claim that they have finally found their dream dog bed. The memory foam base is dense and soft as advertised. It was a perfect fit for their dog, which could either stretch or curl up as it wanted. Definitely a premium quality bed. However, a few other customers were not as satisfied with the quality of the cover and said that the bottom of the cover was not as ‘tear resistant’ as was claimed.
- Durable and breathable
- Non-skid bottom that prevents movement
- Easy to spot clean
- Ideal for dogs of all sizes
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- A little expensive
In reviews, users mentioned that the higher quality of material and thickness make it ideal for mastiffs to curl up on. Another customer mentioned that the actual product delivered was different from the one advertised and the pillowcase, too, was inadequate.
- Removable cover that can be easily washed
- Waterproof liner keeps the bedding material- dirt and smell free
- Benefits dogs suffering from arthritis and joint pains
- Can be easily placed in extra-large dog crates
- Fits easily into an SUV and is ideal for long trips
- The zipper apparently doesn’t last
- Not durable
This product has many positive reviews, with one lady mentioning that her great Pyrenees love the bed and just sneak into it whenever they want to. They prefer the dog bed to the couch. One of the negatives was that the foam was of poor quality for the price paid and they could hardly be called as orthopedic foams
- Foam is durable and strong
- Doesn’t flatten even after regular and continuous use
- The cover is removable and washable
- Lightweight and portable
- Mastiffs of all ages can use this conveniently
- Slightly overpriced
- Apparently, the bottom is not non-skid, so it could keep moving a little
- Eases pains and doggy aches
- Suits mastiffs of all ages
- Superior durability
- Orthopedic support
- Low cover durability
- Lightweight and portable
- Cover is washable
- The bed is ideal for travel
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
It is vacuum-packed and takes quite a while to puff to full size
Reviewing the product, one user has mentioned that her dog that ate through his couch loves the Kuranda dog bed! Another said that the bed goes into the dog crate at night and during the day, her pet naps on it and eats his treats. On the negative side, a user complained that assembling the bed was a tough proposition and the corners are not flush. She would go in for the larger one only if it was pre-assembled.
- Just a wet washcloth is sufficient to clean the surface
- Raised surface allows airflow and prevents overheating
- Cordura is tough and durable
- Bed comes with a 1-year warranty
- When used continually by large dogs, the frame might become weak
- Large dogs with a digger instinct can rip through the ordinarily strong Cordura
Benefits of Using Dog Beds For Mastiffs
Many pet owners don’t really think that their dogs need a separate and special bed- after all dogs just curl down anywhere and go to sleep easily. But that’s not true at all- the larger the dog, the heavier it is and the more susceptible it is to joint and bone injuries. That’s why your furry friend deserves the simple pleasure of a bed with proper support. The advantages of a dog bed for Mastiffs are many:
1. Essential for good postural health
You like a good, firm mattress that just lulls you to sleep- Mastiffs are no different- they too need to maintain postural health and get a good night’s sleep.
2. Help to combat temperature fluctuations
Mastiffs feel the cold and heat just as you do and need to be protected adequately both in winter and in summer. Exposing Mastiffs to less than optimum temperatures affect them drastically as they are vulnerable to temperature fluctuations.
3. Hygienic option
Having a dog bed unto themselves means dogs can scratch, slobber, shed hairs or do anything they want - this saves you and your bed or couch. Washing the dog beds regularly ensures that everything remains clean and hygienic.
Remember, the larger the dog, the more supportive and larger the bed should be. All mastiffs are not the same- you should also cater to individual needs- some Mastiffs like a little bit of elevation for their heads, so make sure the dog bed has that.
You now know how important it is to provide the best dog beds for mastiffs. A really good dog bed will keep him safe and sound, protect his bones and joints as he ages and minimizes pain. Dogs spend a large part of their lives sleeping and that’s why the need for a good dog bed is all the more essential. The larger the dog, the tougher it can be to find the right bed that is reliable and durable. It’s here that Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed plays an important role as it is regarded as the perfect and ideal bed for large breeds and giant Mastiffs.
Undoubtedly, you love your pet- your Mastiff deserves the best- so give it to him! You can rest assured that he will be fonder of you, and more importantly be rejuvenated after a long, peaceful rest. Go ahead, pamper him!