Last Updated on
5 Best Dog Food and Water Bowl Mats
Price on Amazon
When it comes to eating and drinking, most dogs don’t have manners at all. They will dig into their meal and scatter it all over the floors and to make things even worse, they will drink water afterward and leave a puddle behind.
If all of this sounds familiar, you may find yourself wiping your floors or scrubbing your carpets on a daily basis. However, with one of the best dog food and water bowl mats in place, you’ll contain all the mess and spend less time cleaning after your dog.
Since there are so many different dog feeding mats on the market, finding one that suits all of your needs can be difficult. That’s why we decided to help you, by narrowing down the list to five best dog feeding mats. Read on to find the right one for your sloppy pooch!
Top 5 Best Dog Food Bowl Mats
- Easy to clean
- Raised edges prevent spilling
- Non-skid bottom
- Made of non-toxic materials
- Too small for large bowls
- Safe for pets, non-toxic and hypoallergenic
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Flexible and portable
- Comes in three sizes
- Low edges won’t contain large spills
- Made of FDA grade silicone
- Large size fits big bowls
- Non-slip top and bottom
- Very easy to clean
- Edges can’t contain all spills
- It loses shape when lifted up
- High edges prevent spillage
- Completely safe for dogs
- Comes in several different sizes
- Extremely durable
- Doesn’t have a non-slip bottom
- Made of FDA approved silicone
- Fits larger bowls
- Non-slip top
- Dishwasher safe
- Can’t contain larger spills
- Loses shape once picked up
What to Look for in a Dog Feeding Mat?
Dog food mats come in a variety of different materials, shapes, and sizes so it may be difficult to find the one that suits all your needs. Here are some key features to consider:
- Material: Dog food mats are made either of silicone, plastic, rubber, or absorbent fabric, and all of them do a good job at containing dog messes. You can’t really go wrong no matter which material you choose, as long as the mat meets all your other needs. However, if you have a preference for one material over the others, that’s fine too.
- Size: In order for a feeding mat to serve its purpose it has to be the right size. Thus, make sure that the mat is large enough to fit your dog’s food and water bowls. There also has to be enough room around the bowls so the mess ends up on the mat and not on your floors.
- Waterproof: A good dog feeding mat has to be completely waterproof, not just water-resistant. If the mat isn’t waterproof it won’t be able to contain liquids from seeping, which will ultimately result in mold or warped floors.
- Raised edges: A raised edge on a dog feeding mat gives you an extra sense of security that the water and food will stay contained on the mat, and not end up on your floors.
- Easy to clean: Since your dog’s feeding mat is bound to get dirty most of the time, you’ll probably want one that is super easy to clean. Some mats are dishwasher safe, while others can only be washed by hand in a sink.
What are The Benefits of Using a Dog Feeding Mat?
Being sloppy eaters and drinkers, most dogs make an ugly mess out of every meal. Besides being tedious to clean, these messes can cause real damage to your home and ruin your carpets or floors for good.
If you aren’t completely convinced that you need a dog feeding mat just yet, the benefits of having one will certainly change your mind. Here are few:
- Protects your floors: If you feed your dog on hardwood floors, there is a great chance that they will get ruined by wet food or spilled water. But if you have a feeding mat you don’t have to worry about warping or mold.
- Safe: All dog feeding mats listed above are either made of FDA approved silicone or non-toxic plastic, and are completely safe for your dog to use on a daily basis.
- Makes cleaning a lot easier: Cleaning food and spilled water from a feeding mat is simple and can be done in a matter of minutes. On the other hand, scrubbing dried food particles from carpets or floors will take some time and effort.
- Food bowls stay in place: If you feed your dog on hard floors, you know that there isn’t even the slightest chance that his bowls will stay in one place. As your dog eats, the bowl will slide all over and can even scratch your floors in the process. A feeding mat, on the other hand, will keep the bowls and your dog in one place.
- The mat stays in one place: Most dog feeding mats are designed to have a non-slip bottom and to stay in one place. This is very convenient for you and a great way to teach your dog that he has a designated feeding area.
No matter how much you love your dog, you’ll have to admit that he is a sloppy eater. Cleaning spilled water, dried wet food or pieces of kibble from floors and carpets every day is a hassle for every dog owner. Luckily, a simple thing like a dog feeding mat can be the answer to all your problems.
After testing and comparing several different options, we found that the Easyology Premium Pet Food Tray offers the best value for its price. It is made of recycled plastic which is non-toxic and completely safe for your pooch. Also, it features raised edges which are a real lifesaver if your pooch spills larger amounts of water. Overall, it does what it promises, and will definitely keep all of your dog’s messes contained and super easy to clean.
With such a great option you no longer have the excuse to complain how messy your dog is during meal times. The best dog feeding mat will save you time on cleaning, get rid of nasty smells, and make your home look and feel better.