Last Updated on
Top 6 Best Dog Grooming Tables
Price on Amazon
Visiting professional groomers can be a luxury. Although we love spoiling our canine friends and they do deserve certain indulgences, regular visits to professional grooming studios can be quite expensive. By grooming your dog at home you can increase the period between two professional grooming treatments. Or if you get the hang of it, you can even skip going to salons and do everything at home.
Remember that dogs of all breeds need regular grooming. The only difference between different breeds is the time that needs to spent on grooming – from a few weeks to few months.
The first rule when grooming your dog at home is accepting the fact that you need appropriate tools – dog grooming clippers, pet grooming shears, flea combs, shampoos. Last but not least, think about getting a dog grooming table. In this article we review the best dog grooming tables so you have a choice to go through a few and see which one fits you. Placing your dog on a table makes it easier to restrain it and it is also easy on your back.For the professional groomers you want to work with commercial quality equipment that can stand the use of the table being used 8-10 times per day. You’ll want access to things as height adjustments so that you can work comfortably after grooming many dogs per day your back will thank you. Maybe you’re a mobile groomer portability can be important that you can take the grooming table with you from client to client. All these things matter and we’ll go through them below.
Types of Dog Grooming Tables
Before choosing a dog grooming table you need to familiarize yourself with the different types. Basically there are three main types of dog grooming tables:
- Portable (folding) tables – as the name suggests, their legs can be folded, thus making the tables easily portable. Portable tables come in a variety of heights and table top sizes.
- Hydraulic tables – can be easily adapted depending on the dog’s and groomer’s heights. They also come in a variety of table top sizes.
- Electric tables – their concept is the same as in hydraulic tables, with the difference that instead of air hydraulics, electric tables use electricity for height adjustment. Electric tables are the most expensive choice.
What to look for in a dog grooming table
When choosing a dog grooming table you need to consider several factors:
- Size – the table top size needs to accommodate your dog
- Durability – the quality of the materials determine how long you will be able to use the table
- Additional features – arms, loop attachments, nonslip covering
- Budget – how much are you willing to invest.
Benefits of using a dog grooming table
Investing in a professional grooming table, although a big investment at first turns out to be, money well spent. There are many benefits to using a dog grooming table. These benefits include:
- Practicality – it usually takes 1-2 grooming sessions for dog owners to realize that using benches, card tables and other grooming table substitutes does not work. They are not only tiring, but can also make you sore. Additionally the best dog grooming tables are time saving tools because they keep your dog in one place during the entire session.
- Security – when placed on an appropriate table, your dog will feel safer and more relaxed. Most grooming tables feature arms and loop attachments to keep the dog from walking off or jumping. The nonslip matting adds to the security.
- Comfort – it takes approximately an hour for a professional groomer to do their job. At home groomers definitely need more time. Professional grooming tables offer a higher level of comfort for both you and your dog during prolonged grooming sessions.
- Cleanliness – no matter how careful you are, grooming is a messy procedure. Using a grooming table makes it easier to clean up the mess after you are finished.
To help you choose the best dog grooming table, we have compiled a list of 6 tables and reviewed each one of them.
The Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Pet Grooming Table by Flying Pig Grooming is available in 3 different sizes – small (32’’ x 21’’), medium (38’’ x 22’’) and large (44’’ x 24’’); and in three different table top colors – black, orange and sky blue. The table is designed to hold weight up to 330 Ibs and comes with 1 year warranty period.
- Made of durable materials
- Nonslip tabletop covering
- Non-skid feet
- Adjustable arm with noose & loop
- Easy to clean
- Features storage basket
- Available in different sizes and table top colors
- Holds up to 330 Ibs
- 1 year warranty.
- Lack of height adjustment
- Not easily portable because of its heaviness
The table also features leg levers for stable use on uneven floors; an adjustable, stainless steel overhead arm and grooming loops. Additionally, the table’s feet have wheels for easier portability.
The Heavy Duty Super-Low Electric Lift Dog Grooming Table by Flying Pig is 45.80’’ long and 25.70’’ wide. The table is designed to support up to 220 Ibs and comes with a 1 year warranty period.
- Comfortable design
- Steel base and frame
- Dual foot pedals
- Wide lifting range
- Slip resistant tabletop covering
- Grooming arm and loops
- Leg levers
- Easy to move
- Easy to clean
- Works without making noises
- Suitable for old and heavy dogs
- Supports up to 220 Ibs
- 1 year warranty
- High price
- Available in only one size
The Super Durable Heavy Duty Foldable Grooming Table by Flying Pig is available in three different sizes – small (32’’ x 21’’), medium (38’’ x 22’’) and large (44’’ x 24’’). The height of the table is up to 45’’ if including the arm. The table comes in three different tabletop cover colors – black, orange and sky blue. The table can support up to 330 Ibs.
- Lightweight, yet durable design
- Non-slip tabletop cover
- Adjustable and foldable rooming arm with noose & loop
- Spacious storage basket
- Anti-wobbling frame
- Foldable legs
- Easily portable
- Available in different sizes and colors
- Budget friendly model
- Supports up to 330 Ibs
- Relatively tall design (all dogs require manual lifting)
The Pet Grooming Table by Master Equipment is 18’’ in diameter and comes in three different colors – black, blue and purple. The table can hold up to 110 Ibs.
- Professional-grade model
- Made of durable tubular steel
- Rotating design for better control
- Grip-friendly, non-slip working surface
- Easy to clean
- Rubber feet
- Adjustable grooming arm and loop
- Budget friendly model
- Can only be used on perfectly flat surfaces
- Suitable for dogs under 110Ibs
Additionally, the table features an adjustable, clamp-on style grooming arm made of steel and a grooming leash.
The Grooming Table with Electric Motor by Go Pet Club is 36’’ wide and 23.6’’ long. The table comes in only one color – black and can support up to 150 Ibs of weight.
- Professional-grade design
- Electric motor lifts
- Extra stable design
- Static-free and non-slip tabletop cover lined with aluminum
- Clamp-on grooming arm and grooming leash
- Easy to clean
- Expensive model
- Available in one size and color
- Supports up to 150 Ibs
The Accordion Lift Electric Grooming Table by ComfortGroom is 42’’ long and 24’’ wide. The table comes in only one color – black and supports up to 320 Ibs of weight. The table comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and 2 year warranty on the motor.
- Stylish and functional design
- Made of high-quality materials
- Non-skid, waterproof tabletop
- Rounded tabletop’s corners
- Hooks for hanging tools
- Easily adjustable height
- Moveable foot remote system
- Supports up to 320 Ibs
- Lifetime frame warranty and 2 year motor warranty
- Expensive model
- Available in only one size and color
All in all, it can be concluded that one of the most critical items for groomers (professional and at-home enthusiasts) is their grooming table. The word critical implies that the grooming table is a necessity rather than option. Therefore, when it comes to dog grooming tables, do not cut corners. Do a little online research and familiarize yourself with the types of dog grooming tables. Explore what feature each table offers and consider which of those features are important to you. Consider your dog’s size, the amount of grooming the table would be used for and whether you need to move the table around or it will be stationed at one place. After you have done your homework you will be prepared to make a facts-based decision. If still unclear about which table to choose, do not hesitate to talk to the salesperson at the pet saloon. It is also recommended to schedule an appointment with a professional dog groomer and have him explain to you which dog grooming table will serve your purposes best.Keep in mind that there is no universally good or bad grooming table. It all comes down to what you want and need.
Dog Grooming Tables