Last Updated on
Top 5 Best Elevated Dog Feeders & Bowls Reviewed
Price on Amazon
With time, your dog needs a different level of care and assistance. You may observe your dog's lethargic behavior or difficulty in doing different activities. Or if your dog has recently suffered from an accident, or diagnosed with some neck/ shoulder injury, then he/ she will definitely find difficult to get things done with the same energy. It's not that you can't do anything for your loyal pet. One of the most fundamental things to do is to give your dog ease of having a meal. As essential this is for them, it’s enormously easy for you to do. You just have to pick one of the top elevated dog bowls, and that will give them freedom from neck/ back strain. There are different types of elevated dog bowls available in the market. Depending upon your dog needs, and size, you can choose the best one.
What to Look for in an Elevated Raised Dog / Pet Bowl
Here are a couple of most important characteristics that you must look before purchasing an elevated food station for your dog;
The height of the raised dog bowl must be beneficial for the dog. As purchasing a too high or too low container will ruin the whole purpose.
The Material of the BowlElevated dog containers are available in various sorts of materials including ceramic, stainless steel, and plastic, each having particular pros and cons.
Benefits of Using a Raised Elevated Dog Bowl
Elevated dog bowls are ideal for all breed of dogs and have numerous benefits. Let's take a look at a few of these benefits:
When dogs are fed with raised food or water level, their head remains higher than the stomach that helps in the easy and efficient travel of food through the digestive tract and reduce bloat.
Appropriate Standing Posture
Using elevated food bowls allows the dogs to maintain an upright and easy standing posture. This simple standing position also gives their leg and neck joints relief and relaxation from the bending strain. And in complicated medical conditions such as arthritis, these bowls are definitely a blessing for your dog.
Surety of Cleanliness and Maintenance of Hygiene
While food containers are kept on the floor, water may drip under the dishes, and there are high chances of fungal or bacterial growth there. Use of elevated bowls help prevent such messiness and thus favors hygiene especially on a dog food mat.
No Chasing AnymoreThe raised food container is a special delight for dogs as they don't have to chase their food bowl on the floor anymore.
Top 5 Elevated Dog Feeders & Dog Bowls Available in the Market
Here are the best quality and highly recommended elevated dog food containers available in the market.
- Airtight storage containers guarantee the freshness of food.
- Attachment of rubberized feet at the bottom of the feeder ensures no floor scratching and minimal spillage.
- Highly recommended for dogs with any muscular issues. Appropriate height of the feeder makes it extremely feasible and easy for the dog to have his/her food.
- Available in three different sizes, the smallest container can store 18 cups of dry dog food, the medium container can stock up 46 cups of dry food, and the largest container has the capacity of 64 cups.
- Availability in three different sizes makes it perfect for all types of dogs of varying heights as well as suitable for kittens too.
- This product is available in three different color choices i.e. green, smoke, and almond.
- Because of the presence of storage container under the dishes, a sloppy mix of food and water fill in under the dishes. So, it needs proper cleaning every day.
- It's a bit hard to lift up the lid of the storage container while bowls are filled up with water. It's very risky to open an airtight container, filled with dry food while holding water bowl. So, if you are in a rush, doing this will be asking for trouble.
- The clash of beautiful brown wood with the shiny steel looks incredibly chic and stylish. Attractive designing and smooth finish of this pet feeder not only makes mealtime fun and easy for your pet, but this product will put an extra shine in your kitchen as well.
- Stainless steel bowls are secured with silicon rings on top that keep them in place. So, while your pet is eating his/ her food, there'll be no spillage or leakage on the floor.
- Cleanliness and maintenance of hygiene are two fundamental things to keep your pet healthy. With this pet feeder, you'll get 4 stainless steel bowls. So, when one set of bowls is in use, you can wash and dry the other. Freshly cleaned bowls fulfill hygienic issues perfectly.
- There will be none to minimal spillage with highly secured silicon rims of the bowls. So, all those dogs who love to dig in their food, won't be able to spill anything on the floor.
- This elevated feeder is definitely a perfect pick for injured dogs as well.
- Other than the stainless steel bowls, this product is made of wood or bamboo. The middle portion, between the bowls, becomes wet while the dog is eating food, that lower-downs its quality.
- Wet wood/ bamboo encourages production of mold, so this product demands cleaning and drying almost every week. With the water-resistant finish, this product can become of better quality.
- Use of heavy aluminum at the base enhances its quality and promises a long life of the product. This material is corrosion resistant, and thus water spillage during feeding or washing will not alter its quality. In addition to being corrosion free, metallic color is infused within the aluminum, so there will be no flakes or color damage.
- This elevated pet feeder is exceptionally easy to wash and clean.
- Use of stainless steel and aluminum makes this product very lightweight. And the insertion of rubber pads on the feet of the stand keeps it in the same position.
- Presence of rubber between the bowls and the stand keeps the bowls in the same place. So, if your pet loves to play with these containers, he/ she won't be able to spill any food.
- You'll get one year warranty for manufacturing faults.
- Water spillage stains easily show up on the aluminum stand, which makes it look dirty; and thus it needs constant cleaning to look stylish and clean all the time.
- All qualities aside, the price of this product is on a higher end. The same sort of characteristics and benefits can be available by purchasing a lower priced dog feeder.
- This dog feeding station is perfectly suitable for dogs of all breeds, and sizes. You don't have to choose from various sizes, rather within a single product, you can adjust the height of the food station at 3 different levels. There is a measurement chart along with the product. First, measure the height of your dog from floor to the highest points of the shoulder. Then check what size range will be feasible for your dog, and then fix this amazingly designed food station to that height.
- With its collapsible legs, you can easily store it, move it.
- Use of high-quality stainless steel makes this product durable and rust-proof.
- Highly favorable for injured or old dogs. If your dog is suffering from back or neck pain, this product will ease his/her strain during mealtime.
- When set at the middle-height, this product becomes slightly imbalanced and shaky, and a heavyweight dog can knock the bowl with just a sniff.
- As the legs of this station are customizable and not fixed at a single position, so you have to fix them a number of times in the day.
- This product is so intelligently designed. It has two compartments or reservoirs. Each compartment can be disassembled and washed easily.
- Clean environment with dogs can be well maintained with this elevated bowl. In case of any sort of water or food spillage, the food waste remains on the upper reservoir that has small sieves in it. While the spilled water goes down in the lower reservoir; making it extremely easy to discard and easier to clean. So, if this container is kicked there will only be a splash of water.
- With the use of top quality material and vibrant colors, this product looks super trendy and stylish in any house.
- Long walls around the bowls seem annoying to some of the dogs. So, it may lower your dog's drinking or eating appetite.
- Chunks of food and drops of spilled water in the lower container make a sloppy mess that needs to be cleaned daily.
For the maintenance of good health of your pet, it's extremely important to feed him/ her according to their energy levels, and body requirements. Making their mealtime easy and painless is tremendously essential. Dogs take food twice a day, but due to various activities, their calories burn faster. Senior, injured, or sick dogs demand much more attention and intensive care than the young ones.With age or by accident, dogs may suffer from joints pain, neck or muscle strain, or may suffer from posture problems. In such cases, provisioning food at elevated level is definitely a blessing for them. Elevated dog bowls serve this purpose. Perfectly adjusted bowls help the dogs to maintain an upright posture and give them ease to drink and eat. In addition to that, when food travels down the digestive tract with much more efficiency, the digestion of the food is easy and fast. Elevated dog bowls are not only help your dogs, but there'll be a lot less mess for you to clean up.
Elevated Dog Bowls