Getting a good harness for your dog means both of you will definitely have an enjoyable outdoor experience. Traditionally, collars are the thing when it comes to walking your bulldog. However, collars are not a healthy choice because they can cause harm to your pet. Some dogs would rather not follow you around if you are leading them using a collar. The next best alternative for your bulldog is a harness that comes with a handle. If you own a bulldog and she loves venturing out with you, a bulldog harnesses will make your experience very exciting.Nevertheless, you need to find a harness that fits your dog well because, as most bulldog owners will tell you, harnesses don’t come with the same fit for each bulldog. Bulldogs can easily take off a harness, so you need to find something she cannot outsmart that easily. For that reason, we have assembled a few reasons why it is important for you to buy a harness for your pet. Also, we have listed the things to look for when buying a harness and the top 6 best harnesses for Bulldogs we feel you deserve to know about.
Top 6 Best Harnesses for Bulldogs
Price on Amazon
Benefits of using a Harness For Your Dog
Most dogs like to tug on the leash and that puts them at risk of spraining or straining the neck. In extreme cases, the trachea is damaged. Unlike a leash, a harness works by distributing force evenly so that your dog will not be injured. If you are training a dog that is always mischievous, the leash is what you would probably prefer. However, a bulldog is an entirely different case, and a leash will not help you that much. A harness offers you much more control, and you have more than one point of control compared to a leash. A harness is not likely to slide off or break apart if your Bulldog decides to go after that pesky squirrel. So your pet is guaranteed a lot of comfort and you will walk your dog comfortably knowing that the harness is secure.
What to look for when buying a harness for your bulldog
Bulldogs are all about muscles, and they do like to tag a lot. You want to find a harness that can cope with a lot of brute strength, but still looks comfortable and stylish. Here is what to look for:
Size and fit
Size matters when it comes to finding a harness that will work for your pet. A loosely fitting harness is a guarantee that she will slip it off and ruin your nice evening walk. Plus, a loose harness might cause your bulldog to feel uncomfortable, and she will give you a hard time.
Before you decide to walk out of a pet store with a harness, make sure it feels soft enough not to irritate your bulldog and the material has the strength to handle all the tugging. A rough material is likely to cause your dog a lot of irritation so be sure to check the edges of the harness for any kind of rough surface.
Ease of use
Pet parent who own bulldogs understand how difficult they can be. So if you want an easy time, find a design that allows you to slide it on without too much trouble.
Most harnesses come with additional features and such an accessory is ideal for your bulldog. Some harnesses come with more than one connection point so it is possible for you to control her using more than one leash.
6 Best Harnesses for Bulldogs
- Adjustable chest girth
- Fabric is waterproof
- Material is reflective for good visibility
- Does not constrict your pet’s neck region
- Does not slip off
- Unfortunately it does not come with its own handle
- Comes in small sizes
- Adjustable strap tends to slip off
So you and your pup will have a time of your life taking those nice refreshing walks together. The design incorporates a D-ring that is firmly attached to a center ring so that your bulldog can move about freely.
- This harness comes with an extra handle
- It is well padded
- Best for hard pullers
- Click buckles are easy to work around
- Does not choke a hard puller
- There is no mechanism to restrict your dog from pulling
- It can also come a little too small for your bulldog, so it is best to measure her chest region before you make an order.
- Can stop your dog from pulling
- Easy to put on and take off
- It is breathable, comfortable and has a soft padding around the chest and belly region
- There are two attachment points front and back for a leash
- Unfortunately it runs in smaller sizes
- Straps tend to slip off
- Excellent for that love to pull or charge
- Does not cause choking
- You can use it to restrain her as you drive because it come with a seatbelt adapter
- Patches are replaceable to suit your taste
- Slightly pricey
- Velcro strap is on the inside, so you need to get past the harness in order to make changes.
- It is lightweight so it does not lead to chaffing
- Handle aligns well with chest strap so you can easily lift her without causing distress to neck region
- Strong and durable stitching as well as fabric
- It is strong enough to handle a tough bulldog
- The harness does not cause the neck region to be constricted
- Clips easily below the belly
- Padded harness for extra comfort
- Dog can take it off if it is not well fitting
- Size can be a little too large
- Slightly pricey
- Fits breeds like Bulldogs very well
- Reflective material to keep your pet safe
- Harness allows you to control your pet easily
- Handle has an excellent design and features a durable nylon fabric
- Has a breathable fabric so that your pet can walk, run and play comfortably
- Bulldogs can easily chew through this harness